viernes, 28 de diciembre de 2007

Un solsticio de miedo

Lo más adecuado para estas fechas es un villancico. Y ¿qué mejor que un villancico lovecraftiano?

It's beginning to look a lot like fishmen



It's beginning to look a lot like fish-men
Everywhere I go;
From the minute I got to town
And started to look around
I thought these ill-bred people's gillslits showed.
I'm beginning to hear a lot of fish-men
Right outside my door,
As I try to escape in fright
To the moonlit Innsmouth night
I can hear some more.

They speak with guttural croaks and to hear them provokes
A profound desire to flee
Their eyes never blink and quite frankly they stink
Like a carcass washed up from the sea.

I wish I'd paid attention to that crazy drunken man.
He tried to warn me all about old Marsh's Deep One clan.

It's beginning to look a lot like Fish-men
Everywhere I go;
They can dynamite Devil Reef,
but that'll bring no relief,
Y'ha N'thlei is deeper than they know.
I'll continue to see a lot of fish-men
That I guarantee.
For the fish-man I really fear
is the one who's in the mirror
And he looks like me.
He looks just like me.

La culpa de esto la tiene la Howard Philips Lovecraft Historical Society y su disco navideño A Very Scary Solstice

Con los mejores deseos para estas fiestas: deseos de aniquilación de la especie humana. Disfrutad de las fiestas... mientras podáis.

PS: Este villancico consigue resumir en un minuto y medio La sombra sobre Innsmouth.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Puedes escribir lo que quieras excepto insultos, chorradas que no tengan absolutamente nada que ver con el post, y "HOYGANadas" en general. Si lo que quieres no es comentar este post sino contactar conmigo, envíame un e-mail o usa cualquier otro medio. Para evitar el spam y los trolls, los comentarios están moderados, por lo que no aparecerán inmediatamente.